2. Priscilla Motola, the owner of My Petting Zoo, said she was surprised when Butterfly was born because she didn’t even know the mother sheep was pregnant.
“We don’t have a male [sheep] that could get her pregnant right now,” she said to Arizona’s 12 News. But they do have a pygmy goat named Michael, who apparently had a thing for a certain sheep.
6. In April, the only goat-sheep hybrid in Northern Ireland was born on a farm that had been raising ewes for generations, but had never reported a geep before.
The Irish farmer who had discovered he had a geep, said the animal was much faster than all the sheep his age, BBC reported.
A few geeps have also been born to goat mothers and sheep fathers, such as a geep born around 1994 in Botswana. This geep was white with a coarse outer coat, but an inner coat that was wooly.
A goat-sheep hybrid is not to be confused with a goat-sheep chimera, which is made when the embryos of a goat and sheep are mixed. The resulting animal has cells from goats and sheep and the first such creature was created by researchers in England in 1984.
7. Here Butterfly follows her mom around the petting zoo while making some adorable noises:
8. Butterfly getting her second interview with Mia Garcia from Fox 10 News, while her mama wonders what all the fuss is about.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀