Composite image of former US Presidential Candidates Barack Obama and John McCain in 2008.
According to the NBC News report, attacks on top campaign aides and advisers were detected in the summer of 2008. Officials say these attacks were persistent and complicated, continuing after discovery. This announcement comes after a two-day summit with the presidents of the U.S. and China, highlighting the U.S. government’s frustration with cyberattacks.
3. One of the letters apparently intercepted by the Chinese hackers was a private correspondence between McCain and the president of Taiwan.
Chinese hackers intercepted this letter from Sen. McCain to the president of Taiwan in 2008. http://t.co/zoqzQmpcdk http://t.co/qxtrrt2Y21
- The State Department has been accused of promoting Trump's private businesses after its post about the history of Mar-a-Lago went viral.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤