Aerial photo of bus crash on the 15 freeway in Corona (@CBSLA)
Two tour buses crashed separately Thursday afternoon about 50 miles apart on Interstate 15 in Southern California, killing 1 person and injuring at least 50 others.
The first tour bus accident occurred outside Los Angeles in Corona when a bus skidded and flipped onto its side. All 30 people on the bus suffered minor to moderate injuries, the Associated Press reported.
A second crash occurred near San Diego in Fallbrook when a tour bus swerved and turned over on the same Interstate near State Route 76 about 50 miles away, killing 1 person and injuring 22 others.
Both accidents involved tour buses operated for the Pala Casino.
The driver of the bus in the Fallbrook crash said he was going approximately 55 mph when the bus suddenly swerved, police said. The bus flipped over after the driver lost control.
3. Both tour buses were coming from the Pala Casino Spa & Resort on State Route 76 near the Interstate 15.
#BREAKING: 2 tour buses, both leaving Pala casino, both flip on the 15. One here in San Diego, the other in Los Angeles. @CBS8
ABC7 Eyewitness News
#BREAKING: At least 22 injured and 1dead in multivehicle tour bus crash on SB 15 in Ontario 2 miles north of 395.
Tour bus on its side after crash in northern San Diego Co. on 15 Freeway (@10news)
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨