4. Many demonstrators carry signs with this message.
5. Though smaller in size, the march was the latest in a wave of protests that has spread across Brazil.
6. More than 11,000 police and troops were mobilized in the city as more than 77,000 fans attended the game at the Maracana stadium.
7. About a half hour before the match started, small clashes between police and some of the protesters who massed at security blockades broke out.
8. Some protesters reportedly hurled rocks at authorities, who responded with tear gas and shock grenades.
9. Riot squad officers clashed with protestors.
10. Pedestrians run past riot squad officers on a street near Maracana stadium.
11. Demonstrators clash with the police in a street.
12. Demonstrators receive tear gas.
13. Here, a protestor runs during clashes with riot squad officers on a street near Maracana stadium.
14. In this photo, firefighters aid a young woman affected by tear gas.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌