1. Just moments before Deborah Cohan had both of her breasts removed, the OB-GYN and mother of two and her surgical team turned up Beyoncé’s “Get Me Bodied” and threw a dance party in the operating room of Mount Zion Hospital in San Francisco.
2. On her CaringBridge page, Deborah asked that friends and family record themselves dancing to Beyoncé so that she would have awesome videos to watch during her recovery. “I have visions of a healing video montage,” she said. And they answered the call…
3. Here are Deb’s colleagues at San Francisco General Hospital, who gathered in the hallway to bust a move in Deb’s honor.
4. Here are her friends John and Margaret, who joined in from Atlanta.
5. Here are Nina, Tatiana, Felipe, and one very calm puppy, who got in on the action from Connecticut.
6. And here’s Deb’s aunt Zella dancing in solidarity in her living room.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂