1. Meet Bob and Linda Carey.
3. “When Linda would go in for treatment, she would take the images on her phone and the women would look at them and it would make them laugh and make the time pass,” Bob said.
4. Linda said the other women appreciated that Bob was standing out in order to stand by her.
9. “Oddly enough, her cancer has taught us that life is good, dealing with it can be hard, and sometimes the very best thing — no, the only thing — we can do to face another day is to laugh at ourselves, and share a laugh with others.”
10. You can purchase a calendar full of pictures of Bob in his pink tutu here. The proceeds benefit the Carey’s Foundation, which provides support to women diagnosed with breast cancer, survivors, and their family members.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.