Forty-four years ago, Bruno opened two bottles of wine, hung some sausage from a tree, and waited to see if anyone would come to his tiny food stand in the middle of the Italian forest. Today, he’s built an entire amusement park surrounding his family’s restaurant, Ai Pioppi.
Soon after opening his restaurant, Bruno went to a welder because he needed some hooks for a chain. As the story goes…
“I went to the shop and asked if he could make four hooks. Do you know what he said? ‘I don’t have time for these kinds of things. If you know how to weld, the machine is over there. Do it yourself!’ I wish he never said that. Because then I started…”
3. Bruno began welding, and his second passion was born.
4. Soon Bruno had built his first ride hidden among the trees of an Italian forest, an iron slide.
5. From there, he kept building bigger and bigger…
6. Until he built them all.
Bruno says he never imaged his restaurant turned amusement park would be such a great success. When asked about the future of the park, he said…
“I wish it would keep running like this, with this system. There’s an Italian proverb that says, ‘You shouldn’t change a winning horse.’ But I can’t impose my ideas on my successors, because everyone has a different point of view.”
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸