Having visitors can be nice, but every now and again you get a guest who absolutely overstays their welcome.
1. "My mother-in-law tried to take my Le Creuset home because she thought it would match her kitchen and I could 'just buy myself another.'"
3. "I had a friend stay with me for a week. She had a toddler and one day she came back from a day out and her son’s diaper and pants were soaked. she proceeded to remove his pants and soggy diaper with a day's worth of piss in it and place them on the rug in the middle of my living room. I calmly told her (while screaming inside) that she could have at least placed it on the tile instead of the rug and asked her to throw the diaper away. She was visibly annoyed. She then picks up said diaper and disposes of it in the kitchen garbage. I went right behind her and took the trash out so my kitchen wouldn’t smell like pee. She couldn’t understand why I had an issue with it. She would also fill up the bathroom garbage with diapers and then not empty them into the dumpster outside. That was the last time she stayed with me."
4. "I let my sister, her boyfriend, and my nieces stay for one night. I had reservations about letting him stay in my house because we never really got along. But I went against my gut instinct and tried to be a good host. He kept trying to have sex in my master bathroom and in every other room of the house. He broke my sofa, put his shoes on my couch, and wouldn't let my sister be alone with me without texting her to come back to the living room. The cherry was when my toddler found his gun that he brought into my house and left under his pile of clothes. I trust my gut always now."
5. "A cousin from Dublin came for a weekend at my place in London. Went home almost eight months later. Shockingly, as a person who habitually overshares, I don't even want to talk about how that went down. In fact, a mere mention of his name instantly pisses me off."
6. "We had a family friend who we’d let crash with us from time to time drop one of our current roommates off after a night out. He waited for him to go in, then followed. Our drunk roommate forgot to lock the door, so he let himself in, went down to our other roommates’ (who he’d never met) living room, pulled our feather top mattress out, and had sex with some random girl he’d brought with him from the bar on it. She was on her period and we had to have our mattress professionally cleaned. In the morning, they threw up all over our roommates’ bathroom, and one of the roommates (who was so pregnant she gave birth three days later) woke up to find some random, half-naked stranger in her bathroom."