1. Cleaning up after a birthday party
2. 95% of your job was doing nothing…
Who sees a movie at 1pm on a Tuesday? No one, that’s who
3. …until the 7pm rush
SO MANY PEOPLE
4. Getting paid way to much to do nothing
5. But not getting paid NEARLY enough to deal with the people…
6. Or the crowds…
7. Or the management…
8. Ok nevermind, you didn’t get paid enough at all
9. Working your first midnight release was kind fun
The movie starts at midnight, why are you here at 4pm??
10. Until you realized you were going to be working until at least 1:30am
11. And God forbid you ever had to work at 3am showing
12. Getting basically private early showings of movies
…in a totally empty theater.
13. Getting free tickets to EVERYTHING (mostly)
Always an easy date
14. Getting free movie posters…
Awesome room decoration!
15. But always getting stuck with the crappy ones because the good ones were already taken :(
who the hell wants a “The Guilt Trip” poster?
16. That feeling when you had an usher shift instead of concession (or box)
unless there was a birthday party
17. But really, it was all worth it for free movies (forever and ever and ever)
Oh, you haven’t worked here in 5 years? It’s ok, have a free ticket
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏