1. Gay rights activist Kirill Kalugin unfolded a pride flag reading “This is Tolerance Propaganda” on St. Petersburg’s Dvortsovaya Square.
2. A group of paratroopers celebrating the annual “Paratrooper Day” holiday surrounded him and told him to leave.
3. When Kalugin refused, the paratroopers started shoving him.
4. Kalugin said that he recognized some of the men as nationalists who had previously attacked LGBT demonstrations in St. Petersburg while dressed as Cossacks.
5. Police then detained Kalugin for his own safety.
6. Paratroopers tried to keep attacking Kalugin.
7. Two of them were arrested.
10. Here’s the full video.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking activity related to the 2016 election. Intelligence officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- Trump's cabinet fills out: He's reportedly tapped Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers for Interior Secretary, Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for National Economic Council Director.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- J. Cole dropped his much-anticipated album and people are holding onto it like it's an oxygen tank for 2016.