10 Lethal Plants That Are In Your Backyard Right Now
Your garden is actually a merciless deathtrap. Frolic at your own risk.
There's no question that plants can be dangerous.
(Also this kind.)
But the scariest and deadliest plants don't look like this.
They actually kind of look like this.
But don't be fooled! The most unassuming plants are the most lethal.
1. The deadly nightshade was the inspiration for the nightlock berries in The Hunger Games.
Pop the berries in your mouth and death will strike when you lose your voice, won't be able to breathe, and start having violent convulsions. Imagine, one nom and you're DEAD.
2. Water hemlock is can be fatally mistaken for parsnips.
3. Just touching wolfsbane can kill you by asphyxiation.
4. Every part of the English yew is an evergreen death sentence.
5. If a cow eats white snakeroot, the cow's milk will become poisonous.
6. A bite of the dumb cane plant will paralyze your entire mouth.
7. A single castor seed has enough ricin to kill an adult human.
The plant and its little red balls of death are kept around for decorative purposes. IN THE SECOND CIRCLE OF HELL.