1. The deadly nightshade was the inspiration for the nightlock berries in The Hunger Games.
Pop the berries in your mouth and death will strike when you lose your voice, won’t be able to breathe, and start having violent convulsions. Imagine, one nom and you’re DEAD.
7. A single castor seed has enough ricin to kill an adult human.
The plant and its little red balls of death are kept around for decorative purposes. IN THE SECOND CIRCLE OF HELL.
8. The scopolamine in angel’s trumpets can be turned into a hypnotizing dust.
A 2007 documentary called Colombian Devil’s Breath explains how thieves in Colombia used angel’s trumpets to make a zombifying powder that can be blown into victims’ faces. FLOWERY WITCHCRAFT.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯