This never would have happened on Steve Jobs’ watch.
(But what about the fact that demand for the iPhone 5s already exceeded the initial supply available, and Apple sold 9 million iPhones the first weekend the devices went on sale?)
3. Without a low-price iPhone, Apple is ignoring China.
Steve Jobs wouldn’t have ignored a massive market opportunity like China.
(But what about the fact that Apple recently hired a head of retail that specializes in luxury goods and China, and the iPhone 5s is massively popular in China?)
5. Apple released a “cheap” iPhone.
Steve Jobs wouldn’t have released a cheaper iPhone.
(But what about the fact that it’s actually not that cheap — it’s about the same price as a previous-generation iPhone.)
Steve Jobs wouldn’t have been beaten by Android.
(But what about the fact that the iPhone and Apple control most of the profit share for the industry?)
9. Apple released iOS 7.
Steve Jobs never would have released an update like iOS 7.
(But what about the fact that the need for skeumorphism died years ago now that normal individuals are fully familiar with smartphones — and the man handpicked by Jobs to design Apple products made iOS 7?)
11. Apple isn’t innovating and making new products.
Steve Jobs would have kept the company innovating.
(But what about the fact that Apple already defined two categories with the iPad and iPhone, and is reportedly working on a smart watch?)
13. Apple Maps shows Apple doesn’t know how to make good software.
This never would have happened if Steve Jobs were around.
(But what about the fact that MobileMe was a complete mess and a terrible piece of software — even Jobs said so? Meanwhile, iOS.)
15. Apple caved to investors and paid out a dividend.
Steve Jobs never would have paid out a dividend.
(But what about the fact that, even with its $100 billion-plus buyback and dividend program, Apple still has a cash stockpile to rival sovereign nations?)
17. Apple’s stock has cratered from its highs.
Steve Jobs would have never let this happen.
(Although, here’s a separate view below.)
(Yes, that “K” means 1,000.)
But, seriously, times and tastes change — and who runs their company based on the decisions and mindset of a person that isn’t even there?
22. And yet!
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎