1. You try to explain to people that it's a perfectly normal fear
2. You remain convinced that clowns are not from this world
3. What's behind that creepy smile of theirs?!
4. People think that you're exaggerating when you tell them about this crippling fear
5. You pray that you never actually see Ronald McDonald when you step into a McDonald’s
6. Your immediate response when you're expected to go to your 5-year old nephew's clown-themed birthday party
7. "If you can fit several of them into 1 car, how do I know that there’s not one in my car right now?"
8. When you hear that the carnival is coming to town
9. These Killer Clown pranks on YouTube are not doing you any favours
10. You feel excrutiatingly nervous when they get real close and all up in your face
11. When people tell you that they're meant to be silly, not frightening
12. You think about jumping into the hedges when you hear a bicycle horn in your neighborhood
13. Your reaction when you heard that there may be a national clown shortage in the near future
14. When you start hearing circus music, you drop whatever you're doing and get the hell out of there
15. When you discover others who feel just as uncomfortable around clowns as you do
16. This is probably why clowns are still around to this day
17. And this man is the reason why most of us developed this fear in the first place
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!