1. Actually make a budget. No, seriously, make a budget.
2. Prune your subscriptions.
3. Save. Duh.
4. Even though you're young, save for retirement, preferably in a 401(k).
5. Invest if possible, but keep it simple.
6. Be careful with credit cards.
7. ...but be a credit card baller, if you can.
8. Be prepared for a big financial snafu.
9. Spend on experiences, not stuff.
And if all of this fails... you can always just marry rich.
Matthew Zeitlin is a business reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Zeitlin reports on Wall Street and big banks.
Contact Matthew Zeitlin at email@example.com.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Contact Jessica Misener at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.