1. This is the Harbin International Snow Sculpture Art Expo.
Where is Harbin? It’s in Heilongjiang Province, in North East China.
And how can they pull this off? Well they get some of the coldest winds in China. Today’s temperature in Habin is -19°C (-2F). It is due to drop to -26°C (-15F) by Thursday.
Basically, if you’re there wear a sweater.
2. There are sculptures in all different shapes and sizes. For example there are these huge woolly mammoths and reindeer…
3. This awesome T-Rex with a LEASH on it.
4. And this big woman with big hair saying hello.
The ice comes from the nearby frozen Songhua River. Sculptors get the freezing water from the river, pile it on top of each other like sugar cubes, and then spend days carving and decorating it them into these spectacular creations.
5. They even seem to have sculpted a replica of Barcelona’s Sagrada Família Cathedral this year.
It looks finished too. Congratulations!
6. You can even climb on some of the sculptures…
7. Do the can-can in front of the sculptures…
8. And generally shake your body in front of a mirror that is being held up by a sculpture.
9. And if you think that this all looks impressive…
10. You haven’t seen the sculpture festival at night.
This is a picture from last year’s sculpture festival. LED lights make it give the festival that extra little thing. It actually makes it look like a living breathing city.
11. China, we bloody love you.
Now head in and have a cup of cocoa, before you catch cold. PLEASE.