1. I can’t wait to travel the world.
2. God, I’m nervous. Planning a trip is so confusing.
3. Am I making a huge mistake? Everyone is telling me I’m making a huge mistake.
4. No way! Screw them! This is going to be awesome.
5. I’m going to make a ton of friends and do cool stuff like the Dos Equis guy.
6. What the hell am I going to pack? Did I buy the right backpack? Do I have enough money?
7. Oh well, I’ll figure it out.
8. Time to go. See you later, suckers!
9. Ok, landed. Now how do I get to the hostel?
10. Does anyone speak English?
11. I’m already confused. This is tough.
12.Okay, I made it to the hostel.
13. I’m a travel superhero. This stuff is going to be easy.
14. This dorm room looks nice. I hope no ones snores.
15. Time to explore this place!
16. I’m totally lost.
17. Oh, look I found my way.
18. I can totally do this backpacking thing.
19. Happy hour! Time to meet people.
20. Uhhh what do I say?
21. Guess I’ll see what’s happening on Facebook.
22. Crap! That creepy guy in the corner snores. I’m never going to sleep.
23. Okay, it’s a new day. Things are going to be great.
24. Ohh, there is a BBQ at the hostel tonight. Maybe I’ll make friends there.
25. This table looks nice. Will these people let me sit down?
26. They invited me to sit down. I have friends!
27. Wow, I’m really hungover. What a night!
28. Another happy hour!
29. Shots for everyone!
30. Ohh, a cute Aussie is talking to me.
31. What happened last night? Yikes! That Aussie is not as cute as I remember. Time to sneak out of this dorm.
32. All my new friends are leaving. That’s okay. I’ll see them again.
33. Probably not. At least there is Facebook.
34. Made new friends.
35. I have no idea what these Scots are saying to me. I’m pretty sure we both speak English. I’m just going to nod my head and drink my beer.
36. What is this food? I’m probably going to go hungry on this trip. Everything looks so weird.
37. Guess I’ll get pasta. You can’t go wrong with pasta.
38. Well, I got sick. I guess you can go wrong with pasta!
39. Woohoo! Another country. Look at all these passport stamps! I feel cool.
40. I’m spending way too much money on beer.
41. Time for another happy hour.
42. I love travel! I’m totally a travel expert now.
43. These conversations are getting a bit repetitive though.
44. Oh look, new people in the dorm! I wonder where all these people are from and how long they’ve been on the road. Let’s ask them!
45. Interesting food. I’m going to eat that. I can’t believe I was so worried when I started traveling.
46. This guy in my hostel is kind of a jerk. No one cares how many countries you’ve been to.
47. Still spending too much money. I hope I’m going to make it to the end.
48. Okay, time to start saving.
49. That bus is five dollars? I’ll walk instead.
50. That was a long walk. At least I saved some money.
51. Happy hour! Five dollar beers? I’ll have three.
52. Waterfall! Woohoo!
53. Another waterfall? This is getting boring.
54. More weird food. Who would have thought bugs would be so good?
55. Two dollar soup? That’s a bit expensive.
56. Two dollar beer? Perfect.
57. Well, that was an eventful day. Time to move on.
58. Two more months to go. Time to make the most of this trip.
59. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed and see my dog!
60. It’s going to be weird to go home.
61. More drinks? I’m so sick of drinking. Is that all this is about?
62. Those people look cool. I’ll go drink with them.
63. Last week. This trip changed my life. I wonder what home is like. I bet it’s really different. I’m so glad I did this. I changed a lot.
64. My friends just threw me a huge going home party. I love them.
65. Gosh, I’m hungover. Time to go to the airport.
66. I’m home! It’s so good to see my friends and family again.
67. Wow, nothing has really changed.
68. I’m bored. Next trip?
Matthew Kepnes is author of the book “How to Travel the World on $50 a Day” and runs the website NomadicMatt.com. Matt teaches people the travel tips, tricks, and advice not found in major travel media so you can travel cheaper, better, and longer to any destination in the world!
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.