1. Steve King is a Republican Congressman from Iowa, a staunch opponent of illegal immigration, and a big fan of Donald Trump’s proposed border wall with Mexico.
Last year, King (on the right in the photo) told CNN that ideally he wanted “a fence, then a wall, then a fence”.
3. People couldn’t believe that a Congressman owned such a model.
6. This is after all an elected representative holding talks with a retired general expected to join the President’s cabinet.
8. Lots of people made the same Zoolander-inspired joke.
11. While for others, it reminded them of a classic scene from Spinal Tap.
14. Some people didn’t find it that funny at all.
17. President-elect Trump repeatedly vowed on the campaign trail that Mexico would pay for the border wall, but this month he said he would ask Congress to pay for it first, before Mexico reimbursed America.
Mexico remains adamant it will not pay for the wall, however, so King’s model might be the best option so far.
- Sebastian Gorka, a national security advisor to President Donald Trump, is reportedly set to leave the White House in the coming weeks.
- An American soldier died in Iraq this weekend after a roadside bomb exploded during a security check, the Pentagon said.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.