1. He's the guy who once seemed a bit out of it at PMQs.
2. He was often called a briefcase wanker.
3. He cut the top rate of tax, and saved himself some pounds.
4. He once harassed some poor kid who was just trying to eat his cornflakes in peace.
5. Here he is learning the law of the playground.
6. He once invoked a 1979 Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch about curry restaurants.
7. He liked to wear hard hats and hi-vis jackets.
8. He ~really~ liked them.
9. He wore them pretty much 24/7.
10. Again and again.
11. Over and over.
12. So many hats.
13. He had expensive taste in burgers.
14. But managed to win round the press in the end. Um... we think.
15. He was also booed at the Paralympics.
16. And caught nodding along to Keane when he realised the camera was on him (from around 58 seconds in).
18. He once rammed home the point about cutting bingo tax – which is a thing – in the Budget by posing for a photo at a bingo hall.
19. In fact every single photo opportunity was quite something to behold.
20. Back in 2003 when still a little-known MP he advised people how to get around paying inheritance tax.
21. And there was that one time when he scrapped deficit targets and left office with the pound at a 31-year low.
Matthew Champion is a weekend editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Matthew Champion at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.