Hurricane Sandy is already leaving much of the East Coast underwater. If past floods are any indication, your local newscaster is most likely strapping on his waders and getting into the deep end… FOR JOURNALISM!
2. It starts with getting the feet wet.
(Images from May 2011 newscasts on Mississippi flooding)
3. Then the knees.
6. Belly button.
9. CNN is already sending its reporters into the depths.
13. Dear reporters: GET INSIDE!
(H/T to The Daily Show for gathering some of the news footage from 2011)
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱