1. Bavarian Finger Wrestling, aka Fingerhakeln, is a totally real, not made-up sport in Germany featuring this tiny strap of leather and a bunch of men in lederhosen.
2. The game involves two competitors tugging the leather strap with one finger in an attempt to pull the challenger across a table.
3. AND IT’S SO INTENSE.
4. Basically it’s just a bunch of grown men dressed in traditional clothes trying to violently pull one another across a table while a bunch of people cheer them on.
5. And they get SO into it.
6. Like INTENSELY into it.
7. HATS FALL OFF.
8. FACES TURN PURPLE.
9. MEN FIND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
10. GROWN ADULTS SCREAM LIKE CHILDREN.
11. There’s a lot of huffing and puffing.
12. And gritty pulling.
13. And friendly competition, of course.
14. This year was the 60th annual competition, so stakes were especially high for the victor.
15. To be named finger wrestling champ is a glorious honor.
16. Victors get to ride around on other men like this.
17. But, naturally, everybody is a winner in Bavarian Finger Wrestling.
18. It’s all good fun and everybody looks awesome and happy.
19. And, in the end, it’s all about getting drunk anyway.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚