1. Bavarian Finger Wrestling, aka Fingerhakeln, is a totally real, not made-up sport in Germany featuring this tiny strap of leather and a bunch of men in lederhosen.
2. The game involves two competitors tugging the leather strap with one finger in an attempt to pull the challenger across a table.
3. AND IT’S SO INTENSE.
4. Basically it’s just a bunch of grown men dressed in traditional clothes trying to violently pull one another across a table while a bunch of people cheer them on.
5. And they get SO into it.
6. Like INTENSELY into it.
7. HATS FALL OFF.
8. FACES TURN PURPLE.
9. MEN FIND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
10. GROWN ADULTS SCREAM LIKE CHILDREN.
11. There’s a lot of huffing and puffing.
12. And gritty pulling.
13. And friendly competition, of course.
14. This year was the 60th annual competition, so stakes were especially high for the victor.
15. To be named finger wrestling champ is a glorious honor.
16. Victors get to ride around on other men like this.
17. But, naturally, everybody is a winner in Bavarian Finger Wrestling.
18. It’s all good fun and everybody looks awesome and happy.
19. And, in the end, it’s all about getting drunk anyway.
- The top Democrat in Washington, Chuck Schumer, says New York City shouldn't pay for Trump's security, he told BuzzFeed News.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A hacker claims to have uploaded episodes from the new season of 'Orange Is The New Black' after Netflix failed to pay a ransom 💵