1. Everyone was stoned.
2. Budtenders get free nugs for showing up to work on time.
3. And the incentive program seems to work.
4. Most consultants got their jobs through Craigslist, or a referral from a friend who already worked at Bloom Room.
5. Unlike Colorado, in San Francisco there are no tests or certifications in order to work as a cannabis consultant.
6. Processing the weed takes forever.
7. But the conversations and background music kept things from getting too boring.
8. And the medication is beautiful and fragrant.
9. It takes less time labeling dime sacks if you put the sticker on BEFORE you stuff the bag with herb.
10. Every few minutes someone calls to ask how late they’re open.
11. Patient privacy is always a priority.
Most of my time at Bloom Room was spent in the back of the dispensary, away from the patients. I was able to spend a little time in their vape lounge, but for the most part I tried to respect the privacy of the patients and avoided eavesdropping on their consultations. Plus, hanging in the back processing product and talking about Wendy Williams was more fun anyway.