1. Because when you visit Molokai you won't see many tourists. Obviously it means there's something wrong with the island.
2. Because with less than 8,000 people living on the island it’s pretty much impossible to escape the crowds.
3. Because Molokai is home to the longest fringing reef in the U.S. If you like snorkeling or scuba diving then definitely don’t go to Molokai.
The reef stretches nearly 25 miles.
4. Because the sunsets are bland and colorless.
5. Because buildings cannot be taller than coconut trees. If you like long elevator rides then avoid Molokai at all costs!
6. Because on a clear day you'll see Maui across the water and be overwhelmed with a desire to leave Molokai.
7. Because the beaches are hazardous.
8. I mean look at this! Can you imagine how miserable it would be to spend an afternoon on here?
9. Because you can send yourself a coconut through the mail, and it's literally the most exciting thing you can do on the island.
Yep. It's called "Post-A-Nut."
10. Because the second most exciting thing you can do is visit something called "Phallic Rock."
11. Because there are annoying signs reminding you to slow down.
12. Because there’s a farmers market that ONLY happens on Saturdays.
It's a complete waste of time. Don't go.
13. Because traffic in Molokai is insane, just look at this shot of the main street. And yeah, I said THE main street, as in there's only one.
14. Because part of Molokai is a straight up leper colony.
15. Because this is the Molokai airport.
16. And because this bench at the airport doubles as baggage claim.
No conveyer belts in Molokai.