Step aside carrots, it's time for parsnips to have their moment in the spotlight.
1. For starters you could just boil them.
2. Or roast them for crispy and delicious parsnip fries.
3. Skillet browned parsnips are also amazingly easy.
4. Feeling more adventurous? Try these parsnip pecan scones drizzled with a lemon fennel seed glaze.
5. Or pomegranate, parsnip, and parsley quinoa.
6. Parsnip and shallot savoury tarte tatin.
7. Listen to your sweet tooth and make this parsnip ice cream.
8. Parsnip, fennel, and white bean soup topped with crunchy parsnip cubes.
9. Parsnip gnocchi.
10. Try a parsnip and maple syrup cake.
11. Or go for a parsnip cake with chocolate frosting.
12. This parsnip pudding with squash, autumn berry, and lime gelee will impress everyone you know.
13. Roast your parsnips with brussels sprouts and stuff them in manicotti.
14. Parsnip hazelnut gratin.
15. Get fancy and make a parsnip sous-vide fondant.
16. Or parsnip and carrot mousse.
17. Parsnip muffins go great with your morning coffee.
18. So do cheddar parsnip biscuits.
19. Parsnip and pear pancakes with horseradish sour cream.
20. Cream of curried parsnip soup.
21. Be basic with roasted brussels sprouts, parsnips, and fennel.
22. Honey roast parsnip crème brûleé.
23. Parsnip and potato chowder.
24. Parsnip chips are like the sassy cousin of the chip family.
25. Roasted parsnip bread pudding.
26. Parsnip, cauliflower, and mozzarella bake.
27. Finally you could pickle parsnips with carrots and chiles.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!