Pesto is traditionally made with basil, pine nuts, olive oil, parmesan, garlic and lemon.
1. Start simple by swapping out pine nuts for macadamia nuts in a basil pesto.
2. Or go off the deep end with this scallion, bok choy, asiago, pumpkin seed, and pecan pesto.
3. Peanuts and ginger are a great way to give your dish a Thai flare.
4. Blueberry avocado pesto anyone?
5. Spinach pesto is pretty much amazing.
6. Romaine and sesame seed pesto is good on it's own...
7. Kale and walnut pesto, superfood baby!
8. Use a bit of nutritional yeast for a vegan kale pesto.
9. Apple pesto is totally a thing.
10. Martha makes a mean mint pesto.
11. And Giada makes a yummy pea pesto.
12. Broccoli pesto is healthy and delicious.
13. On a related note, how about this broccoli rate pesto?
14. Cherry tomato pesto is the perfect no cook red sauce.
15. Asparagus pesto goes great inside grilled cheese sandwiches.
16. Radicchio pesto.
17. Brussels sprout pesto.
18. Cilantro pesto goes great with tofu.
19. Sage jalapeño pesto.
20. Beet and basil pesto is beautiful and delicious.
21. Speaking of beautiful, check out this red cabbage pesto.
22. Zucchini pesto with kale.
23. Garlic scape pesto.
24. Spring nettle pesto.
25. Leek and dandelion greens pesto.
26. This corn pesto is anything but corny.
27. Celery leaf and almond pesto.
28. Collard greens pesto.
29. Radish greens also make for a good pesto.
30. Make sure to remove the stems when you make rosemary pesto.
31. Parsley and feta pesto.
32. Cashew tarragon pesto.
33. Artichoke parsley pesto.
34. Arugula pesto is peppery and delicious!
Did I miss one? What's your favorite nonconformist pesto? LMK in the comments!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!