1. Because people in SF love any excuse to wear a costume in public.
2. And we get pretty creative when it comes to Santa costumes.
3. Because SF nerds are unapologetic.
4. Because Santas will literally shut down the streets of SF.
5. And take over public transportation.
6. Because you don't have to actually dress like Santa.
7. Because of the SantaCon ho-ho-ho rule.
8. Because there's often live music.
9. Because you might find Jesus.
10. Because the robot might show up.
11. Because you can take a quick siesta before the BART ride home.
12. Because in SF, even fancy-ass restaurants with linen napkins welcome groups of Santas.
13. Because people jump rope while drinking beer in public.
14. Because you can use a stocking as a backpack.
15. Or a holiday bow as a hair accessory.
16. Because you can pretty much wear a bathrobe and pajamas all day, in public, and no one will judge you.
17. Because Hanukkah gets represented!
18. Because people even put their dogs in costumes.
19. Because SF Santas wait politely in line.
20. Because local bars have SantaCon specials.
21. Because Santas come out every year, rain or shine.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!