A little while back, we shared Reddit's take on the distracting TV and movie details that ruin the illusion for them. The BuzzFeed commenters weighed in with their own takes on the subject, so here are 17 minor details that can have a major impact on their viewing experience.
Responses may have been edited for length and/or clarity.
1. "Women characters who wake up with perfect hair and makeup after a good night’s sleep."
"Also, female superheroes with perfect curls and hair worn down even though they are running around and fighting. I want to see sweaty faces and frizzy hair."
2. "Sleepy Hollow was filmed in South Carolina (I think) but was supposed to be New York. The trees gave it away. They were covered in Spanish moss. Spanish moss doesn't grow in New York state."
"I also hate when people try to film someplace like Gary, Indiana, and you see mountains in the background. Gary is flat. Very flat. A quick Google search would better serve the location scouts when they suggest locations."
3. "When siblings refer to each other as 'Sis' or 'Bro' or by name in a conversation they're having with each other. My sister and I only call each other by our names if...ever? I don't think we've called each other by our given names in 30+ years."
4. "What bugs me the most is seeing adult women prior to the 1920s with their hair down in public. If a woman had actually done that, she would have been seen as having loose virtue or insane."
5. "Bad accents. Over-the-top, drawn out, dug in, especially when a movie is supposed to be set in current times. The Southern accents in Hollywood are usually hilariously bad."
6. "Seattleite here. About once a year, we get crazy rain that does look like movie rain. But in movies, it’s like that all the time. Never a drizzle or a sprinkle or a mist."
"And I hate when movies and shows have characters stand out in the rain to have a serious conversation, like that will add intensity. Nobody does that."