I had a roommate that was a chimney smoker. Me and my other roommate repeatedly asked her to not smoke inside the house. She somewhat listened to that, but continued to smoke in her room. She had the nasty habit of using empty plastic bottles as ashtrays. Once day, the day of my other roommate’s bday, Smoky had woken up early, smoked her two or three cigarettes and went to shower. Normal day, she thought. What she didn’t know is that the cigarettes she put out in he bottle ashtray, didn’t go out. They burned through the bottle, her blanket and her mattress! Her and the bday girl slept right next to each other only separated by French doors. Bday girl and I woke up coughing and almost unable to see anything because of the smoke. Thankfully nothing else happened. We went to her room and put out that fire she had started. She came out the shower, didn’t really react to the news, and she didn’t stop smoking. We asked her to move shortly after that. Bitch could have killed us.