25 Things That Might Steal You Away From The Internet For A Few Hours
Remember fun without phones, social media, and notifications?! It's baa-aack.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A vintage Scrabble game that'll give word nerds a reason to be snobs about vocabulary and proper spelling. This iconic crossword-creating game can soak up hours of well-spent time — especially when everyone is doubled over around the board laughing at the person who just got challenged for trying to sneak a word on the board that's DEFINITELY 👏🏾 NOT 👏🏾 A 👏🏾 WORD.
2. The LEGO Architect Book to dive into the history of architecture AND step-by-step instructions to make 12 LEGO models inspired by styles from different eras like art deco, modernism, and high-tech. Call me silly, but perusing a LEGO book and then building a cathedral with blocks will probably be way more fun than scrolling through the architecture pages you follow on Instagram.
3. The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook that'll have you holed up in your kitchen for hours conjuring up cauldron cakes, Treacle pudding, and Knickerbocker Glory.
4. An Everyday Mindfulness word search book to provide the fun of the old school word searches paired with topics that are meant to relax your mind. The word searches also have cool twists like clues to solve to get the word you'll need to find.
5. An indoor snowball fight game so you and the squad can enjoy one of winter's most beloved pastimes whether flakes fall outside or not. The balls are actual-factual snowball size and they'll crunch when you squeeze 'em too!
6. A DIY comic book kit with pre-formatted blank pages, markers, and a booklet of tips so you can create your own universe and story. Once you're done, just slip the pages into the mailing address provided and in a few days, a professionally bound version of YOUR comic book will be at your door.
7. An Escape Room game that'll bring the fun of those trendy mystery game rooms straight to a tabletop in your house. It comes with three scenarios (The Dentist, Secret Agent, and Space Station) at varying levels of difficulty.
8. Digital Detox cards to encourage yourself to step away from the internet for large and small chunks of time. Each card gives you a different challenging including taking an early morning walk, a 24-hour digital break, and even simply putting away your phone when you're on public transportation.
9. A gingerbread house cookie cutter set so you can add a new baking tradition to your holiday fam festivities. The cookie cutter set comes with 18 pieces for making the house, Christmas trees, reindeer, and more! The cookie cutters can also be used for making regular cookies, pancakes, cheeses, soft bread, and fruit!
10. A literal cell phone jail that everyone in the group can stick their devices inside of whenever you all do any of the activities in this post OR whenever you're all just hanging out and want to be super present.
11. A roses paint-by-numbers kit that'll be a soothing way to tap into your artistic side with an almost surefire guarantee that the final result will be a gallery-worthy painting to decorate your home or office with.
12. A full-body bath pillow complete with a bath sponge to 100% encourage you to actually park yourself in the tub, enjoy some you-time, and relax for once. This life-saver is machine-washable. It also has 3D cushioning that dries quickly so mold won't mess up the vibes.
13. A puzzle and puzzle plateau that'll keep all of your jigsaw pieces in place with its flat surface and raised edges that prevent them from falling. The plateau has four drawers so you can separate and store different pieces, walk away, and then pick up where you left off whenever you want. The plateau is designed to hold a puzzle with up to 1,000 pieces. It's beyond perfect for nights when you're ~puzzled~ about fun things to do at home.
14. And an adjustable bamboo bathtub tray for propping up food, drinks, books, hopes, dreams and whatever else you might need for a relaxing, internet-free soak sesh. This'll further encourage you to get the self-care thing together, STAT.
15. The Spontuneous game that requires one player to choose a word while the others think of a song with that word in the lyrics. Note: You do not have to have the voice of an angel. In fact, it'll make for a much funnier night if you sound as terrible as possible.
16. Empowerment question cards can bring yourself a lil' more personal time and positivity. There are 52 cards decorated in bright colors with questions that'll inspire introspection, meditation, and self-motivation. Reviewers used them for a variety of things including journaling, group activities at work, ice breakers at get-togethers, and even therapy sessions.
17. An adult coloring book that'll help keep you busy around the house, relieve a little stress, and help you (kinda) channel the Basquiat that is truly in all of us.
18. A Book of the Month subscription so you'll always have a good read on hand whenever you want to escape from the stress and demands of the world wide web and into a really great plot.
19. A DIY Christmas ornaments kit to give the tree an extra special touch this year. You could also make these ornaments and give them as gifts to other people in the family. The kit comes with 40 unfinished wood ornaments in four styles, 40 white waxed ropes, and 40 colorful bells.
20. A Jenga game because honey, you haven't had a really fun night in until you've been wasted (yes, even just hot chocolate–wasted) with friends chilling around a table and music blasting as everyone enjoys the anticipation of those blocks crashing to the table. It sounds simple but yes, this game will make the night for kids and adults alike.
21. A DIY soap kit for any kid who likes crafting, beauty products, science — or all three! The kit comes with all the materials to make up to 10 soaps in the shape of cats, stars, cupcakes, and peace signs, sea animals, and more. It also comes with a book of instructions and fun facts about the chemistry behind soap-making. The kiddo who gets this is def going to be occupied for a while and in the end, they'll have cool soaps to actually use or gift to their friends.
22. An 18th edition Simon & Schuster Mega Crossword Puzzle Book to tease your brain and get some quiet time while you're at it. The book has 300 puzzles with varying difficulty levels.
23. A 12-color leather paint set to spend an evening remixing old sneakers to get fresh, fly custom pairs!
24. A Buzzed card drinking game for the 21 and up crew that'll probably have everyone tipsy by the end of its deck. It comes with cards that read, "Everyone must take a sip of their drink without using their hands" and "challenge another player to a thumb war. The loser drinks."
25. The Charity Beanie crochet kit from We Are Knitters X Jonah's Hands that'll not only occupy your time with step-by-step knitting directions but will also result in a super cute beanie hat to wear yourself or gift to someone you love. The kit will come with two balls of yarn in the colors of your choice, a wooden crochet hook, a small knitter's sewing needle, and the embroidered label.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.