20 Things For Anyone Whose Goal Is To Actually Remember To Pack A Lunch
Say it with me: "No 👏🏾 More 👏🏾 Buying 👏🏾 Lunch." Nope, not even $1 🍟.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Face it, buying lunch every day has become our norm and things have GOT TO CHANGE. It's time to shake the habit of dropping daily duckets on sushi, burgers, tacos, and those blasphemously priced salads. (Seriously, a salad should NEVER be $15. Stop this madness.) Anyways, this is our wallets enduring all of this action:
1. A silicone sandwich and storage bag to help save the world from excess plastic use ~and~ so you never have to worry about running out of sandwich bags right when you need them ever again. This super-bag is also self-sealing and specifically designed to maintain flavors and juices so your cooked food still tastes, ya' know, GOOD. If you're a Sous-vide cooker, then the bags work for that too!
2. A can colander for straining your canned foods ~without~ losing one pea, piece of corn, or any other scrumptious thing down the drain with the excess juice. Just snap it on the can and get to pouring. The process is quick enough to do in the morning when you pack your lunch. It's also small enough to stick in your bag to strain when you finally take your food break later in the day. And it's dishwasher-friendly!
3. A NutriBullet blender that will literally save your whole life when you only have about 20 minutes to get out of the house and really, really want to stick to your smoothie meals from home. It comes with the motor base, an extractor blade, a milling blade, three cups of different sizes, one cup ring, another cup ring with a handle, re-sealable lids, and a recipe book!
4. A Crock-Pot food warmer to make sure you enjoy hot food from home even when you're super busy and don't even want to leave your workspace for lunch. This warmer has a handle that'll make toting it super easy, a spill-free lid, a cool-touch exterior so you don't have to worry about being burned, and integrated cord storage so you can plug it up and then put it away when you need to.
5. A sushi kit because, OK, the two-roll special around the corner from your office is ~good~ but keeping the extra money in your pocket on your lunch breaks is gonna be GREAT. The kit comes with a roll cutter, a detachable sushi mat, a non-stick rice paddle, two sauce caps, and a pre-measured rice frame. Let the good sushi-making times ROLL, people!
6. A super cute printed lunch bag that people are definitely going to mistake for another one of your gorgeous tote bags. The insulated lunch tote looks small but will hold a ton and is designed to keep your food cold or warm for four hours. It's also waterproof and has a front pocket.
7. An electric egg cooker to make any kind of eggs you like ANYWHERE YOU WANT THEM within minutes. This thing makes hard-boiled, poached, and scrambled eggs, plus omelets! It comes with a poaching tray, measuring cup, omelet tray, and a six-egg holding tray. The cooker also has a timer and an auto-shutoff function. Make eggs to take with you before your day begins ~or~ park this cutie on your desk at work to get those eggs popping whenever.
8. A produce-saving container to make fruits and veggies ACTUALLY FREAKING LAST for more than four days. Time out for returning to your fridge with your taste buds set on those sweet-smelling strawberries you picked up from Walmart just to discover they've withered away into shoulda-coulda-woulda-been-delicious land. Do I sound like a personal victim? I am but thanks to this container, none of us have to be anymore.
9. Buzzfeed's official Tasty Ultimate cookbook so you can step up your at-home chef game and pack lunches that you'll look forward to way more than the typical sandwich. It's also going to be pretty cool when everyone in your office starts turning to ask you what smells so good and you can casually note that it's lunch you made with your cool, new cookbook.
10. A ceramic lunch bowl with playful prints to add a little personality to your lunchtime swag. The bowl has a plastic top so you can carry it with you everywhere and a small space to open up for letting steam out. It's also microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
11. A pizza saver bag set so you can make up for spending money on takeout for dinner by making that dollar stretch with leftover slices for lunch.
12. A press-and-go iced tea tumbler because there's something so luxurious about having a glass of iced tea ready-made at any given moment. You may be sitting in an office or a meeting but when you sip iced tea that you made for yourself in minutes, it's DEF going to feel like you're chilling on someone's veranda on a relaxing afternoon.
13. A stainless steel thermal bottle that's so sleek and stylish that you'll remember to grab it on the way out of the door even if you forget everything else. It has a double-wall vacuum-sealed design that can keep drinks hot for up to eight hours and cold for up to 24! The bottle is also condensation- and leak-proof.
14. A microwave pasta cooker so you can get all your noodle-involved lunches done in literal minutes! It's supposed to make al dente pasta without sticking in 15 minutes or less. Before you know it, your pasta dish will be all fixed, packed, and waiting in the fridge for you to grab and go in the morning.
15. A collapsible stainless steel straw set that'll be worth sticking inside your lunch box since they're reusable and much better for the environment than plastic versions. They have a silicone top so your lips and teeth aren't mistreated by the sharp stainless steel edges ~and~ these straws can be pushed down to fit better in whatever bag you want to slide them into.
16. Just some ramen sticky notes if you're the forgetful type who'll need a literal note on the door to remind you to turn around and pack your dang lunch!
17. A handheld veggie slicer that'll help you make veggie noodles in a ~slash~! It's so quick and easy to use that you won't even mind prepping your zucchini noodles in the morning before leaving out for the day. It has dual stainless-steel cutting blades so you can make thick or thin pasta strands out of your favorite vegetables.
18. A reusable stainless steel cutlery set that's super cute and reusable. You can keep it in your lunch box so you never have to hunt for plastic cutlery when you're at work. It comes with a fork, spoon, butter knife, a pair of chopsticks, two straws, a tiny brush to clean out the straws, and a zip-up bag to store them.
19. A breakfast sandwich maker so anytime you crave a morning meal for lunch, you can just make one at the house and carry it with you instead of throwing dollars at McDonald's all-day breakfast menu. This gadget can make two sandwiches at a time in about five minutes. It also features a countdown timer with an audible beep and each part is removable and dishwasher-safe.
20. Tortilla chip clips because you should feel zero shame about grabbing an entire bag of chips to go with your lunch. This cute clip will close up the bag so they'll be fresh for whenever you're ready to ~CHIP~ up where you left off. They come in a four-piece set.
Your wallet now that you've invested in things that will keep you away from the McDonald's kiosk:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.