1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – it clears up acne blemishes, redness, minimizes pores, and reduces oiliness. It's made of 100% bentonite clay that the whole internet seems to worship.
2. Paula's Choice liquid exfoliant with 2% BHA to unclog pores and lift those dead skin cells before they can build up into full-blown pimples. Plus, it'll brighten your complexion so it's more radiant and less dull. Win!
3. Acne serum that reviewers say helps with stress-related acne but is also strong enough to address their cystic acne.
4. Tarte Sugar Rush No Bullzit acne spot treatment to dry up acne spots, unclog pores, and fight acne-causing bacteria so it doesn't come back. This treatment is made with acne-destroying ingredients like salicylic acid (cleans up clogged pores) and vitamin B3 (reduces inflammation).
5. Acne patches that'll vacuum the gunk out of your whiteheads and give them a visible reduction in just a few hours.
6. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream packed with hyaluronic acid, which encourages the skin to hold onto moisture much better. You can expect supple skin for 24 hours and this really helps offset the dryness that most acne products you use typically cause. It's also noncomedogenic, which means it doesn't clog up pores and exacerbate existing breakouts.
7. Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil to diminish acne along with fine lines, stretch marks, and hyperpigmentation. Plus, it promotes nail health! (Um, it might even improve your credit score based on this long list of improvements...?!).
8. Heritage Store alcohol-free rosewater toner that I use and can confidently share is the TRUTH for restoring your skin's pH balance and splashing you with hyaluronic acid that helps the skin hold onto moisture better. How's it help with stress acne? Well, while you're applying those drying acne products to those breakouts, this toner makes sure your skin doesn't lose the effectiveness of whatever moisturizer you put on.
9. Breylee Acne Treatment Serum to decrease grease secretion and inflammation with the anti-fungal properties of tea tree.
10. BESTOPE Blackhead Removal Kit that'll remove pimples without causing unnecessary redness or spreading bacteria — which takes away the urge to frantically finger pop stress-related pimples that have ~popped~ up unexpectedly.
11. Pre-soaked Neutralyze Exfoliating Pads to prevent excessive pimple-picking by keeping your beauty routine finger-free and as the salicylic acid removes dead skin cells and build-up.
12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser that'll unclog pores while giving your face a foamy good time. Its main ingredient is zinc pidolate which is meant to remove excess oil and keep your skin hydrated.
13. Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution to help you sneak in some self-care time while tending to breakouts. The mask features salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and niacinamide to decrease breakouts plus glutathione to get rid of redness and acne scars.
14. CeraVe foaming cream cleanser that I use and recommend for sporadic use if you battle stress acne as I do. It decreases the breakouts without drying or irritating my skin.
15. Beauty Strike AHA Body Polish – a skin-smoothing exfoliator that addresses body acne and also helps you give yourself a spa-like experience in your own bathroom so you can make stress relief a regular-degular part of your skincare routine.
16. The My Konjac Activated Bamboo Charcoal Sponge to gently exfoliate your skin as the activated charcoal removes excess oil and eliminates bacteria so your face is less prone to breaking out.
17. A peeling and brightening serum that clears up hyperpigmentation and evens out the skin tone so it's perfect for addressing breakouts and helping your skin bounce back once they're gone. It contains hydroquinone (for brightening dark spots), salicylic acid (for penetrating the skin and drying up breakouts), vitamin C (also a brightening agent), and a host of other helpful ingredients.
18. e.l.f. Cosmetics acne-fighting spot gel to diminish redness and swelling pimples so they shrink and your skin smoothes out just as fast as the breakouts appeared.
You to acne and the stress that caused it:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.