19 Manicure Things To Make Your Hands Look Like A Pro Did Them
Book a slot at the DIY At-Home Salon with glass files, growth cream, and more. 😘💅🏿🏡
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Nail polish remover that'll clear away chipped nail polish so you can keep a fresh coat on — AND do so without drying your nails out.
2. A nail-biting treatment set for people who tend to nibble. You'll never get a professional-looking manicure without having healthy nails to start with. This'll come with no-bite polish plus a bottle of a bitter additive to increase the nastiness of the taste and prevent nail and cuticle damage.
3. An 18-piece stainless-steel manicure set so you can ~nail~ down your mani and pedi routine with professional-grade tools from start to finish — but it'll also come with tools for other grooming needs.
4. OR a single cuticle trimmer if you don't need all the extras or already have the other tools. Plus, admit, Watching that single strip of unnecessary cuticle flesh being trimmed off your finger is always the most satisfying part of watching a nail tech manicure your nails. Now, you'll get to do it yourself.
5. Sally Hansen's Nail Rehab Treatment that I use and can say will definitely help damaged nails bounce back.
6. A glass nail file that'll leave the ends of your nails sealed so the edges are smooth and don't peel — as opposed to the typical emery board file design you're prob used to.
7. Precision point cotton swabs so you can dip 'em into polish remover and swipe that excess polish from your cuticles. No one ever has to know that you color outside of the line sometimes. 🤫😊
8. Nail growth and strengthening cream that'll soothe cuticles and thicken those nails so they'll always look strong and beautiful 💪🏿💅🏽.
9. Hydrating hand masks to give your hands a true spa treatment before you get to the painting portion of the experience. The best part is that these are touchscreen-friendly so they'll work their magic ~while~ you scroll through your phone.
10. Customized reusable press-on nails that'll be way easier, cheaper, and healthier for your nails than resorting to longer-term extensions at the salons.
11. OR simpler reusable press-ons to help you maintain a still-polished yet less-is-more natural look.
12. Waterslide nail decals to make it look like you paid the extra few dollars for a professional design when, really, it only took a few seconds to achieve.
13. A start-to-finish polish set so your nails get the very best care even when you can't get into a salon chair.
14. A beautiful nail lacquer set with four bold shades inspired by Thailand so you never have to be ~Thai-d~ down by boring colors ever again.
15. AND! Nail thinner to pour into your nail polish when it gets a little older and thickens up more than it should. This way, your favorite Old Faithful color can bounce back and look like professional-grade polish no matter how long you've had it.
16. A Cuccio cuticle oil to nurture cuticles and nails. You just wait until you see how pretty your fingers are (and get a whiff of how good they'll smell).
17. A wearable nail polish bottle holder so you can eliminate all the extra maneuvering with the bottle, the polish brush, and your hands. This way, you can make every brush stroke with mess-free precision so your nails look as neat as possible.
18. Nail glue so you can elongate the time you're able to keep your press-ons ~or~ repair any cracks on your natural nails.
19. A universal nail polish bottle handle to help you handle any nail polish with ease. Yup, even with the weaker hand that tends to be shakier with the bottle top.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.