22 Things To Help You Get Better At (Read: Cheat) Eye Makeup
~Eye~ really think these'll help you out. 👀🤞🏾
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Eyeshadow primer that'll prep those lids for the shadow so the color pops and won't fade, crease, or patch up on your skin. Who stans a flawless shadow finish? Us boo!
2. A neutral eyeshadow palette designed for newbies who wanna practice. It'll come with a handy guide to help you achieve different looks annnnd it'll tell you exactly what shades go where on your eyes.
3. A Revlon mini palette with designs to give you X-marks-the-spot style directions for where each color can go. You got this!
4. A silicon eyeshadow stencil kit you could use and avoid the pressure of making perfectly lined shadow. Just follow whichever stencil you want that day and PRESTO.
5. E.l.f. eye tape that'll turn your new nickname into "PRECISION" and give your eyeshadow an actual boundary so it isn't traveling too far toward your temple.
6. A dual-ended creamy Julep waterproof eyeshadow pen with a cream-to-powder finish and a cushy smudger on one end so you can apply shadow with the ease of a crayon — minus the waxy look of one.
7. A blush palette you can use to rosy up your cheeks and sweep a little color on your lids for safe, easy monochromatic glam. (Using the same blush on the eyes, cheeks, and lips is my fave go-to trick for getting around not being the best at blending shadow colors.)
8. And! Mented Cosmetics bronzer in case you'd like to do a similar monochromatic look with a natural shade. Mmhmm. This bronzer'll be a one-and-done for your face and lids.
9. Glow-in-the-dark eyeliner and mascara duos because even if you mess it up, it's going to look OH SO COOL.
10. LA Pure Waterproof Eyeliner Stamp because, listen, no one'll judge if you're not the best at shadow and prefer to just stick to liner. And who's going to check you if you cheat at that too? Stamps it is, then!
11. Eye makeup decals (or "stick-on beauty" as it's also called) so you can skip the geometry and color theory portion of shadow altogether and get right to the FUN and EXPRESSION.
12. An Eyescream paint job brush set inspired by baking utensils and so on-brand with all the fresh, scrumptious beats you'll whip up at your vanity. These are made specifically for eye-blending so you get every nook and cranny you need to.
13. OR beauty sponges tiny enough to apply shadow or primer to your eye area with ease. They'll also work for dabbing concealer around your top or bottom lids if your shadow gets slightly messy 😅. Because WHO is starting all the way over after doing makeup for 30 minutes already?! Not us!
14. Fun dual-ended eyeliner stamps to punctuate those gorgeous cat-eyes with some extra personality without having to deal with fallout or re-do a bunch o' times to get it right.
15. Water- and smudge-proof eyeliner so you can still get a unique look with neutral colors and smooth application. Eyes don't need shadow to stand out, ya know?
16. An adhesive shadow patch that'll be clutch if your main gripe with eyeshadow is the fallout that bullies the rest of the makeup you've perfectly applied. (It'll also help you perfect your lines.)
17. Disposable dual-sided eyeshadow sponges you can use to blend shadow and throw out when you're done. They've got a shorter handle than most makeup brushes so they'll be easier to maneuver.
18. Holographic loose pigment glitters to get super funky and sparkly with your looks for all the upcoming festivals, Halloween shindigs, concerts, b-day celebrations, and whatever else you think will call for some creative bling-a-ling — minus the color-blending fails.
19. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray! Uh-huh. Some of the problem with making shadow stay on longer is making sure you set your ENTIRE face of makeup when you're done. This spray'll work like no other.
20. Glossier liquid-to-powder Skywash that'll come with a doe-foot applicator so you can apply it to your eyes as easily as you would, say, a lip gloss!
21. A (pretty massive) 42-pan eyeshadow palette because HOW ELSE do you think you'll get better at applying your eye makeup? You gotta practice babe — without blowing through a ton of palettes. This baby is under $20!
22. Aveeno makeup remover wipes for times when you try your darndest to rescue your eye makeup but ultimately have to wipe everything and start over. It happens and that's OK. At least these wipes will be super gentle on your skin.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.