We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Adult acne is the annoying, unwanted guest that keeps showing up, so here are a few products for the next time it crashes your party. And HOORAYYYY, they're all under $20!
1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay clears up acne blemishes, redness, minimizes pores, and reduces oiliness. It's made of 100% bentonite clay that the whole internet seems to worship.
2. Tarte Blemish Bully Acne Spot Treatment helps clear up acne spots, minimize pores, and decrease redness. This treatment is made with acne-destroying ingredients like salicylic acid (cleans up clogged pores) and vitamin B3 (reduces inflammation). The formula also works to prevent scarring after the acne clears up.
3. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion treats pimples overnight with salicylic acid, calamine for cooling and soothing the inflamed area, and sulfur to draw out oil and impurities. This drying lotion is meant for whiteheads although some reviewers say it helps treat bumps before they fully form.
5. Rael Acne Pimple Healing Patches extracts pus and other gunk from a bump that's come to a head thanks to the ingredient hydrocolloid. Its purpose is to shorten the overall time a pimple lasts on your face. Translation: Impatient pimple poppers, THIS JAM IS FOR YOU!
6. Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Wash cleans out clogged pores and reduces oiliness with salicylic acid because unwanted bacne is just as annoying as face pimples. This type of acne treatment fits into your regular-degular shower time to minimize steps in your skincare routine. It also smells like grapefruit and what isn't great about that?
7. Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil diminishes acne along with fine lines, stretch marks, and hyperpigmentation. Plus, it promotes nail health! (Um, it might even improve your credit score based on this long list of improvements...?!).
8. Palmer's Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Fade Cream lightens dark spots with hydroquinone, improves fine lines and unclogs pores with retinol, and brightens and evens overall skin tone with vitamin C. Prepare to kiss hyperpigmentation left by blemish scars GOODT-BYE.
9. Neutrogena Light Therapy Acne Spot Treatment kills acne-causing bacteria with a red light and calms inflammation with its blue light. The two-minute spot treatment is UV- and chemical-free.
10. BESTOPE Blackhead Removal Kit removes pimples without causing unnecessary redness or spreading bacteria. This kit comes with five different needles for different pimple sizes and a case to store them in when you aren't using them.
11. Aliceva Blackhead Remover mask set draws out oil, dirt, and other impurities from your skin and then peels off like a sticker. It also comes with an application brush for spreading the mask evenly.
12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser unclogs pores while giving your face a foamy good time. Its main ingredient is zinc pidolate which is meant to remove excess oil and keep your skin hydrated.
13. Breylee Acne Treatment Serum decreases grease secretion and inflammation with the anti-fungal properties of tea tree.
14. The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution clears up acne blemishes, dryness, dullness, and a few other issues thanks to ingredients like salicylic acid (obvs) and witch hazel.
15. Pre-soaked Neutralyze Exfoliating Pads prevent excessive pimple-picking by keeping your beauty routine finger-free and as the salicylic acid removes dead skin cells and build-up.
16. A COSRX Blackhead Brush extracts blackheads by removing sebum tucked away in your pores and oiliness with soft microfiber bristles that help you go hard with the blackhead clearing process while still taking it easy on your skin.
17. Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution helps you sneak in some self-care time while tending to your acne. The mask features salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and niacinamide to decrease breakouts plus glutathione to get rid of redness and acne scars.
18. Mario Badescu Healing Powder draws out oil and impurities with sulfur, reduces excess oil with kaolin clay, and soothes skin while absorbing oil with zinc oxide. Translation: This powder is basically meant to karate chop oil in its throat so it stops causing acne drama in your life. Are you down or are you down?!
19. The e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Face Primer makes acne prevention part of your entire beauty routine. It primes your skin for foundation application as it goes with ~all~ primers but there's a bonus with this baby: It also has salicylic acid, tea tree extract, and vitamin E to make sure your beat face stays breakout-free.
20. The Diva Stuff Anti-Bacterial Pillow Mist calms and helps lull you to sleep with lavender while the tea tree and peppermint water ingredients stop acne-causing bacteria from traveling from your pillows to your face.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.