Sydney Police have arrested five teenagers for allegedly threatening Jewish primary school students on a school bus in the beachside suburb of Bondi, Wednesday.
A mother of three daughters on the bus, Jacqui Blackburn told the Today Show a group of eight teenagers targeted the young Jewish children with several physical threats including that they would "slit their throats".
And Ms Blackburn said the group of children were too scared to get off the bus with the teenagers saying, "heil Hitler!"
Local residents dobbed in five young men in the early hours of Wednesday morning, but police needed to release the young men back to their parents because they were too drunk to interview.
But according to The Sydney Morning Herald, the Executive Council of Australian Jewry released a statement saying it was "troubled by this latest event and the sequence of anti-Semitic incidents preceding it."
Australia's Racial Discrimination Commissioner immediately condemned the most recent anti-Semitic attack.
And the Communications Minister and local member, Malcolm Turnbull called it appalling.
Australian Jewish people pushed back against those who were linking the incident to some sort of larger conspiracy.
Earlier this week, veteran Sydney Morning Herald journalist Mike Carlton resigned over a Gaza column which included a controversial cartoon, that caused outrage in the Australian Jewish community.