1. According to reports, Brazil has opted not to renew national soccer team coach Luiz Felipe Scolari’s contract after its embarrassing final two games at the 2014 World Cup.
The coach nicknamed “Felipao” or “Big Phil” led the side to its worst ever World Cup performance with a 7-1 loss to Germany in the semi-final.
It was followed up with a 3-0 loss to The Netherlands in the third place play-off.
3. He turned from hero to villain after previously taking Brazil to the 2002 World Cup title.
4. The Brazil FA is expected to make an official announcement including plans to rebuild the national team in the coming days.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎