1. According to reports, Brazil has opted not to renew national soccer team coach Luiz Felipe Scolari’s contract after its embarrassing final two games at the 2014 World Cup.
The coach nicknamed “Felipao” or “Big Phil” led the side to its worst ever World Cup performance with a 7-1 loss to Germany in the semi-final.
It was followed up with a 3-0 loss to The Netherlands in the third place play-off.
3. He turned from hero to villain after previously taking Brazil to the 2002 World Cup title.
4. The Brazil FA is expected to make an official announcement including plans to rebuild the national team in the coming days.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of racism from other staff while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.