We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community how they eat healthy without spending a lot of money. Here are their best budget cooking tips!
1. First things first, plan your weekly meals.
2. And plan your snacks, too!
3. Next: Make a grocery list and stick to it.
4. Get in the coupon game and download rebate apps.
5. Look for bargains at your local farmers market.
6. Take a trip to your local Trader Joe's.
7. And pay a visit to Aldi, too.
8. If you're single and want to buy in bulk, share a Costco membership with some friends.
9. Buy seasonal produce.
10. Stay away from the central aisles of the grocery store.
11. Learn how to read the price labels.
12. Use your phone calculator to keep track of how much you spend while shopping.
13. Limit your experiments.
14. Go for store brands.
15. Buy things out of bulk bins.
16. Buy things on sale and store them for later.
17. Buy your meat in large quantities, prep it, and freeze it.
18. Invest in a FoodSaver.
19. Cook large batches of food.
20. And repurpose your leftovers.
21. Use scraps and bones to make some broth so that nothing goes to waste.
22. Invest in a slow cooker.
23. If you often let food go bad, buy frozen instead.
24. And always have a couple of meals in your freezer for lazy nights.
25. If you can, grow your own herbs and vegetables.
26. Eat less meat.
27. And if you have the time and feel motivated, learn how to can.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Submissions have been lightly edited and condensed.