Chocolate Hazelnut Stuffed Churros
Here's a video that shows you how they're made:
1 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar, plus a pinch to sprinkle on the churros
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup of flour
Chocolate hazelnut spread
Oil for frying
1. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and canola oil. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
2. Add the flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a smooth paste. (Make sure you beat out all bubbles.)
3. Add the eggs and stir until mixture becomes smooth.
4. Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip. (really push the mixture down in the bag to eliminate air bubbles!)
5. Pipe strips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 45 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a large pot to 350˚F/180˚F.
7. Fry the churros until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
8. Using a straw, poke a hole through each churro to create room for the filling.
9. Immediately sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and sugar.
10. Spoon chocolate hazelnut spread into a piping bag, then pipe filling into churros.
11. Bon appétit !