It's Day Three of our 7-day meal plan.
Today, both breakfast and lunch basically make themselves. Dinner will take a little bit longer — as you'll roast sweet potatoes + make pico de gallo — but both will help set you up for the rest of the week. (Plus, dinner = tacos!)
DAY THREE MEAL RECIPES: Find complete, step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this post. For a printable doc with the entire's week's recipes, click here.
WANT SNACKS?: We've got you covered. Find ideas and recipes here.
Here's what you'll need:
First, dice sweet potatoes and toss onto a sheet pan.
Toss with olive oil, garlic, and salt — then pop into the oven.
While they roast, you'll make two things to go on the tacos. First: a bowl of pico de gallo.
Beyond tonight's tacos, you'll also use the pico de gallo later this week.
Tomatoes + red onion + jalapeño + lime juice + cilantro.
Plus a little minced garlic. (And, as always — feel free to alter the mix to your taste. Can't do spicy? Skip the jalapeño. Hate cilantro? Leave it out.)
Second: Lime crema. That's Greek yogurt + lime juice + zest.
Like sour cream, but better.
Once you're done with that, the roasted potatoes should be all set — or close to it.
Time to assemble and feast!
Last thing, after you eat? Take the remaining turkey meatballs out of the freezer to thaw overnight in the fridge.
1. Creamy Peanut Butter Toast With Banana
• 1 slice of bread, toasted
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• ½ a banana, sliced
• 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts, roasted
Toast bread, smear peanut butter on top, and garnish with sliced banana and peanuts.
2. Ratatouille Frittata With Fresh Greens
• Ratatouille frittata (leftover from Day 1)
• ¾ cup spinach
• balsamic glaze or vinaigrette, to taste
Reheat frittata and serve with a side of spinach and balsamic vinaigrette. (Or, if packing lunch to go: Store in a divided container, and dress the spinach prior to eating.)
3. Sweet Potato Veggie Tacos With Lime Crema
• 3 small corn tortillas
• ¾ cup diced roasted sweet potatoes
• ½ cup cherry tomato pico de gallo
• ½ cup canned black beans, drained
• ¼ cup lime crema
•1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
• kosher salt, to taste
• ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 lime wedge
For the roasted sweet potatoes:
• 9 small sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), skin-on, diced into ¾” cubes
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the pico de gallo:
• 16 ounces multicolored cherry tomatoes, quartered
• ½ cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 jalapeno, minced and seeded
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon minced garlic (1 small clove)
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the lime crema:
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• ¼ teaspoon lime zest
• kosher salt, to taste
—For the roasted sweet potatoes: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potatoes with garlic, olive oil, and salt and transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Once cooked, divide sweet potatoes: you'll use about a quarter of the sheet-pan mixture — or ¾ cup — for the tacos, then save the rest for later in the week.
— For the pico de gallo: Gently toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Before storing leftovers in the refrigerator, drain any excess liquid tomatoes may have purged.
— For the lime crema: Combine all ingredients and stir.
— For the tacos: Heat tortillas directly on a burner until warm and slightly charred. Add sweet potatoes, cherry tomato pico de gallo, black beans, lime crema, and cilantro to tortillas. Season with kosher salt, ground black pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Remove remaining meatballs from freezer, and let them thaw overnight in the fridge.