It's day one of our 7-day meal plan.
And thanks to the prep you did yesterday, today's meals come together quickly. Breakfast is toast topped with fresh berries and protein-packed Greek yogurt. Lunch is a one-pan, veggie-loaded frittata: It cooks in 10 minutes, and the oven does all the work. For dinner: A Thai-inspired rice bowl with an easy DIY peanut sauce that's even better than the takeout version.
DAY ONE MEAL RECIPES: Find complete, step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this post. For a printable doc with the entire's week's recipes, click here.
WANT SNACKS?: We've got you covered. Find ideas and recipes here.
Here's what you'll need:
Since breakfast comes together in just a few minutes, you'll have time to make (and pack!) a quick and easy lunch.
Reheat a batch of the yesterday's summer vegetables in a skillet and add six eggs — then pop everything into the oven for about 10 minutes.
Let it cool, then pack a pair of slices, fresh greens, and balsamic reduction.
First: Whip up the easy, five-ingredient peanut sauce.
It's peanut butter + lime + garlic + ginger + water — and it's equal parts creamy and tangy.
Then, just reheat the rice and meatballs from yesterday, drizzle on the sauce, and pile on your favorite toppings.
(Also? 'Gram it. Because Day One = down!)
Ready for Day Two? Find it HERE. (And find today's full recipes below.)
1. Strawberry Balsamic Toast With Greek Yogurt
• 3 strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
• ½ teaspoon balsamic reduction (*meal-prepped: recipe here)
• 1 slice of sourdough or whole wheat bread, toasted
Toast bread. Smear the yogurt, top with sliced strawberries, and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
2. Vegetable Frittata With Fresh Greens
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups vegetable mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)*
• 6 eggs
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Heat olive oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add vegetable mixture. Cook for 3–5 minutes, stirring often. (This will help dry out the vegetables, and prevent them from giving off water when they bake again in the oven.)
Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Immediately transfer to oven and cook for 9–12 minutes, until eggs are set.
Let cool completely, then pack and store in a lunch container with fresh greens and balsamic glaze.
3. Cilantro-Lime Turkey Meatball Bowl With Peanut Sauce
For the rice bowl:
• 1 cup cooked brown rice (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• 4 cilantro lime meatballs (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ⅓ cup Thai peanut sauce
• ¼ cup edamame, thawed if frozen
• 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
• 5 slices of jalapeño
For the peanut sauce:
• ¾ cup water
• ½ cup creamy peanut butter
• ¼ cup lime juice
• 1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
• 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
• ½ teaspoons kosher salt
To make the peanut sauce: Place all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute. Stir until creamy and emulsified.
Reheat brown rice and meatballs, then scoop into a bowl. Garnish with edamame, peanuts, cilantro, jalapeño, and peanut sauce.