10. Because Swedes take feminism and gender equality seriously.
Sweden ranks fourth on the 2014 Global Gender Gap Index published by the World Economic Forum. Sweden has closed more than 80% of the gender gap. The country is also home to Feministiskt Initiativ, a feminist and antiracist political party.
11. Because Sweden has one of the most exciting and inventive music scene in the world today.
From left: Yukimi Nagano from Little Dragon, Lykke Li, and Karin Dreijer Andersson aka Fever Ray (also known for being one half of The Knife).
Not pictured: Robyn, the queen of all the world’s dance floors.
14. Because Swedish fashion will give you LIFE. From the wonderfully experimental to the beautifully simple.
Left: the creations of fashion designer Sandra Backlund. Right: an outfit from the autumn/winter 2014–15 collection of Filippa K.
To find more Swedish designers, read this post.
RUINED FOR LIFE.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- "She's not responsible for the journalism mistakes": Why Jackie won't be outed in the Rolling Stone trial.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏