10. Because Swedes take feminism and gender equality seriously.
Sweden ranks fourth on the 2014 Global Gender Gap Index published by the World Economic Forum. Sweden has closed more than 80% of the gender gap. The country is also home to Feministiskt Initiativ, a feminist and antiracist political party.
11. Because Sweden has one of the most exciting and inventive music scene in the world today.
From left: Yukimi Nagano from Little Dragon, Lykke Li, and Karin Dreijer Andersson aka Fever Ray (also known for being one half of The Knife).
Not pictured: Robyn, the queen of all the world’s dance floors.
14. Because Swedish fashion will give you LIFE. From the wonderfully experimental to the beautifully simple.
Left: the creations of fashion designer Sandra Backlund. Right: an outfit from the autumn/winter 2014–15 collection of Filippa K.
To find more Swedish designers, read this post.
RUINED FOR LIFE.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨