31 Affordable Beauty Products From Target That Give High-End Brands A Run For Their Money
Beauty products that will make you feel luxe at only a fraction of the cost.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Pacifica Drying Lotion Spot Treatment can be considered an excellent replacement for Mario Badescu Drying Lotion as it targets zits fast but is talc-free — good news for anyone who loves the Mario Badescu one but is concerned about talc.
2. Knight & Wilson PurePlex Revolutionary Hair Repair System is a godsend for anyone dealing with damaged hair due to overprocessing. A great dupe for Olaplex, this rebuilds the hair's chemical structure while protecting it from future harm.
3. Revlon Oil Absorbing Volcanic Roller picks up excess oil better than pricey oil-blotting facial sheets from Tatcha or Shiseido because it uses volcanic stone instead of paper. It's not only less wasteful, but also comes in the form of a much cooler tool that you can take with you anywhere.
4. Rhyme & Reason Nourish & Gloss Conditioner delivers moisture and shine to dull hair but uses 100% recycled materials and 96% naturally derived ingredients, making it a much better choice than some of the fancier haircare brands out there.
5. Spa Sciences MIO Microdermabrasion & Pore Extraction Skin Resurfacing System sucks out oil, dead skin cells, and other gunk from pores like other vacuum tools. However, it has an added function as the diamond tip improves texture like a microdermabrasion tool. You get more bang for your buck as it's pretty much like two skincare devices in one.
6. Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic is an exfoliating toner that treats texture and makes skin smoother with glycolic acid. It's legit and so loved, that other brands try to dupe it instead of the other way around!
7. Honest Beauty Extreme Length 2-in-1 Mascara and Lash Primer has won multiple awards for its ability to lift and lengthen the eyelashes with clean ingredients at an accessible price point, giving more expensive faves from brands like Pat McGrath and Dior a run for their money.
8. NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Waterproof Eyeliner creates the perfect cat-eye that not only lasts all day, but is highly pigmented. That alone makes it a much better choice than longtime favorites like Stila, which doesn't go on as dark in comparison — highly important for people who love their winged eyeliner.
9. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Moisturizing Mousse blends in seamlessly when applied, resulting in a natural-looking, healthy tan. The formula is much easier to work with, unlike more of the high-end sunless tanning brands that have a thicker consistency (and a higher chance of leaving streaks).
10. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Beauty Sponge Makeup Blender is preferred over a Beautyblender by many makeup lovers due to its affordable price point and defined edges that work well for all types of makeup application.
11. EcoTools Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo will make you question why you wasted money on $20+ brush cleaners. This shampoo uses gentle, paraben-free ingredients that will clean off all the makeup from your tools, leaving them looking brand new and feeling great on your face.
12. The Lip Bar Vegan Lip Liner can easily make your lips look defined and gorgeous with its buttery, easy-to-apply formula. It's not only half the cost of many high-end lip liners, but is also completely vegan. We know a winner when we see one.
13. Fortify+ Natural Bacteria-Fighting Skincare Rejuvenating and Firming Under Eye Pads offers a lot more than other undereye treatments (that cost upwards of $50, like the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench patches!). While it contains common hydrating ingredients like collagen and aloe vera, it also aims to fight bacteria through the presence of zeolite, a volcanic mineral known antimicrobial properties. Considering that studies suggest we touch our faces over 20 times an hour (gross!), this might be something to add to your routine.
14. La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Multi-Purpose Cream has been called a holy grail by users dealing with a variety of skin concerns, from eczema, to scarring, to barrier damage. It contains the anti-inflammatory moisturizing ingredient, panthenol, as well as madecassoside, which comes from the ancient medicinal plant, centella asiatica, that is known for its healing and soothing properties.
15. L'Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Lip Stain proves that you really don't have to spend a lot of money to get a luxury-looking lip. It's richly pigmented and lasts all day, but still feels lightweight. If you're looking for a holy grail lipstick, this might be it.
16. Versed Skin Soak Rich Moisture Cream is on its way to cult-favorite status. That is, if it hasn't reached it already. People love this cream, and some even say it's a very convincing dupe to La Mer. Yes, THAT La Mer! While they only share a few of the same aging-focused ingredients, like algae extract, vitamin E, and glycerin, both creams have a thick consistency that's especially great for dry skin.
17. Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-One Makeup Remover & Cleanser is an award-winning product for a reason — it gets all your makeup off when you're too lazy to wash it! (Though, you should probably double-cleanse.) It's the perfect alternative to the OG micellar water, Bioderma Sensibio H2o, and is about half the price. Can't go wrong with that.
18. Plum Beauty Sculpting Beauty Bar elevates your jade rolling routine to the next level without having to spend $100 on similar products. Use it daily to sculpt and define your jawline. Plus, it even comes with a vibrating feature to help release tension. (P.S., have you unclenched your jaw today?)
19. Sweet Chef Sugarcane + Vitamin E Lip Sleeping Mask has been referred to as an alternative to the lip masks from big-name brands like Tatcha and Laneige. Some even claim that Sweet Chef is better, so if that doesn't convince you to pamper your lips with this product, I don't know what will!
20. e.l.f. 16 Hour Camo Concealer – it's an excellent dupe for what many say is the G.O.A.T. concealers, Tarte Shape Tape. It's full-coverage, dries matte, but leaves a smooth finish over dark circles or acne scars. Plus, it's just $6.
21. Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C + Tri-Peptide Collagen Protecting & Brightening Serum is a must-have if your skin is looking dull lately and you're looking for a cheaper alternative to higher-end vitamin C serums from Ole Henriksen, Murad, or Sunday Riley. The presence of licorice root adds an extra boost of brightening, kicking acne scars and dark spots to the curb.
22. Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold will make you feel like you have the Midas touch thanks to its highly pigmented, golden glow. This particular shade makes a fabulous substitute for Charlotte Tilbury's now discontinued Bar of Gold Highlighter.
23. Covergirl Exhibitionist Liquid Glitter Shadow might as well be called "a disco ball in a tube," because its intense, high-shine glitter will make you feel like the walking embodiment of Studio 54. You can compare this to Stila's Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, which is almost five times the price.
24. Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer has earned its position as a key staple in many makeup kits for a good reason — it's an excellent dupe for the Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer for half the cost. Plus, it contains murumuru butter, which conditions and hydrates the skin. We love some secret skincare in makeup!
25. Honest Beauty Lit Powder Blush in Flirty could very well be the twin sister of the longtime favorite Nars Orgasm — except maybe even better because it's made with mindful ingredients, such as sustainably sourced mica instead of talc.
26. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Oil Free Foundation can pretty much be summed up as the drugstore answer to the foundation that changed it all, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. Like Fenty, it comes in a wide range of shades — 40 to be exact.
27. Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lip Color — particularly in Stoplight Red, is a seriously fantastic dupe for what I call the blueprint of classic red lipsticks, MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo. Not only do reviewers say that the color is identical, but it has a similar feel as well, except maybe even less drying. Think of this $2 option as a twin sister to Ms. Ruby Woo. Yes, $2!
28. NYX Professional Makeup Brow Glue Stick is our '90s-traumatized-thin-brows' prayers answered. It fluffs up brows, making them feel thicker while also keeping them in place, Reviewers are comparing it to the Anastastia Beverly Hills Brow Freeze, but like it even better because it doesn't make your brows feel stiff.
29. Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer may be considered a super affordable alternative to the Dyson Airwrap, but it's pretty much attained its own cult status for giving a professional blow-out look without the pricey professional part.
30. CoverGirl Exhibitionist Mascara coats the lashes in just one swipe, bringing fullness and length that's impressive enough to draw comparisons with everyone's beloved Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Some reviewers actually prefer this one to the high-end brands, though, so that's saying a lot!
31. e.l.f. Putty Primer should always be the first step to your foundation routine, as it perfectly preps your base by smoothing pores while having a hydrating, velvety texture. You might even like it better than a lot of high-end silky primers, like a lot of makeup fans do.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.