31 Skincare Products From Target That Are Especially Great For Anyone With Acne
Whether you're dealing with cystic acne, blackheads, or post-acne discoloration, you'll find your new skincare bestie on this list.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Biore Rose Quartz + Charcoal Oil Free Face Wash may sound a little whimsical, but the natural gemstone gently exfoliates the skin while the charcoal deep-cleans pores.
2. Vanity Planet Facial Steamer opens pores to allow deeper cleansing while keeping skin hydrated, making it a great addition to any acne regimen. Use it it weekly during your very own at-home "spa day."
3. E.l.f. Acne Fighting Putty Primer consists of the same formula as the brand's popular Putty Primer, but it *also* contains salicylic acid, kaolin, and zinc to defend your skin against future breakouts. If you're prone to zits, it should be added into your makeup routine.
4. Cocokind Probiotic Acne Serum 1.5% BHA doesn't just fight acne — it's also a treatment for your skin. In addition to salicylic acid, it contains nonliving probiotics that help soothe inflamed and irritated skin, as well as beta glucan (which is 20 percent more hydrating than hyaluronic acid), and gluconolactone, a gentle exfoliant with antioxidant properties.
5. Bliss Clear Genius Acne Body Spray contains a powerhouse complex of acne-fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid, niacinamide, zinc, and witch hazel. And its spray nozzle allows the solution to be easily applied to large areas. If you're prone to breakouts on your chest, back, and other body parts, keep this one in your bathroom cabinet.
6. MELÉ Even Dark Spot Control Facial Serum, like the brand's other products, was developed by dermatologists of color who understand the specific needs of melanin-rich skin and how to treat it. Since this serum is formulated to target dark spots and even out skin tone, it's a great treatment for acne scars.
7. Makeup Revolution Skincare Blemish 2% Salicylic Acid Mask fights current breakouts while making sure future ones don't even *think* about getting near your skin. Apply this mask after your cleansing routine and leave it on for 10–15 minutes — your skin will feel brand-new.
8. Alba Botanica Acnedote Face & Body Scrub is for those who want a little more bang for their buck when it comes to acne products. It has salicylic acid, exfoliating willow bark extract, and two skin soothers: aloe and chamomile. Use this scrub wherever AND whenever you have breakouts.
9. Hero Cosmetics Shield Superlight Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 protects against UVA/UVB rays while also making sure you won't break out later. This lightweight, reef-safe sunscreen won't clog pores, and also has a sheer green tint to blur away any redness.
10. Versed Game Over Acne Drying Treatment gets rid of serious, pus-filled pimples in a day or two. Just dab a bit onto your problem areas, whether they're angry acne, whiteheads, or blackheads. Then, let the sulfur and clay formula do its thing.
11. Naturium Niacinamide Cleansing Gel can be used as a regular face wash or left on for a few minutes as a treatment mask. Formulated with niacinamide, it treats dark spots and improves texture, all while cleansing away makeup, dirt, and other gunk from your face.
12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Acne System is known to reduce up to 60% of breakouts in just 10 days — that's some serious stuff! A medical treatment that targets all kinds of blemishes, from blackheads to painful pimples, it's still not too harsh for folks with sensitive skin.
13. Vichy Normadern SOS Acne Spot Corrector Acne kicks blemishes to the curb — unsurprisingm as it contains a whopping 10% of sulfur, along with niacinamide and glycolic acid.
14. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Face & Body Mask is an old-school product that has been called an 'acne holy grail' due to its ability to deep cleanse clogged pores and fight breakouts. All you have to do is mix the bentonite clay powder with apple cider vinegar, and you have the ultimate pimple potion.
15. SLMD Skincare Acne System Kit is from none other than Dr. Pimple Popper herself, Sandra Lee. If you need any more convincing than that, this three-step system includes a salicylic acid cleanser, a benzoyl peroxide moisturizer, and a retinol serum. What other ammo against acne do you need?
16. Pixi by Petra Clarity Tonic has three different acids — salicylic, glycolic and lactic — that team up to keep skin clear, but there's also skin-nourishing botanicals like licorice root and willow bark extract to balance everything out.
17. Spa Sciences Claro Acne Treatment Light Therapy System is a godsend if you want an LED treatment but can't make regular appointments at your derm or facialist. The blue light eliminates bacteria that causes breakouts while the red light helps with inflammation. A great device at a decent cost!
18. Urban Skin Rx 3-in-1 Clear Skin Cleansing Bar is the multi-purpose product of any acne-prone person's dreams. It cleanses, exfoliates, and can be left on as a treatment mask to reduce blemishes and the appearance of pores.
19. Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Acne Roller Ball Spot Treatment has acne-fighting enemies (charcoal, witch hazel, and salicylic acid), all in one cute roller ball applicator for an easy-to-apply treatment.
20. Pacifica Glow Baby Brightening Peel Pads can be used up to three times a week as a treatment for both clearing acne and evening skin tone. A 10% AHA + BHA complex targets skin texture, while apple extract hydrates and soothes, and niacinamide takes care of pores.
21. Neutrogena Stubborn Marks Night Treatment is a dream for those of us who not only have to deal with active breakouts, but are left with the aftermath, AKA acne scars. This treatment corrects uneven skin tone while helping to fade post-acne discoloration with a formula containing vitamin A retinol. Use it with the Neutrogena Stubborn Acne AM Treatment for even more power.
22. Sweet Chef Beet + Retinol Serum Shot features plant-forward ingredients such as the vitamin C-rich beet, which helps with texture and pores, as well as the antioxidant-heavy vitamin A to fight against fine lines and wrinkles. Both are anti-inflammatory, which can greatly reduce the appearance of breakouts and aggravated skin.
23. Rael Beauty Miracle Acne Patch covers active acne with its medical-grade hydrocolloid patch. Drawing out gunk and pus right from your pimples, this patch can help lessen breakouts overnight — but it can also be worn discreetly during the day.
24. Stryke Club Stryke Stick may be from a brand focused on teen boys, but anyone with breakouts can benefit from this easy-to-apply spot treatment. It contains zit-fighting salicylic acid, and also dries clear so you can wear it during the day.
25. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment is the only FDA-approved retinoid acne treatment available without a prescription, and it not only clears pimples, but helps with texture and tone, too. It's a product that people with acne swear completely changed their life.
26. SheaMoisture African Black Bar Soap can be used both on the face and body, wherever your skin needs help. The acne-targeting ingredients include palm ash, tamarind extract, plantain peel, and tar, while organic shea butter, oats and aloe help to nourish and calm the skin. This soap is also good for people who have eczema or psoriasis.
27. Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream may have gentle, plant-based ingredients such as licorice root extract and tamanu oil, but it's still strong enough to reduce breakouts, thanks to MVP ingredients willow bark and witch hazel. Use it once a day to start, then build up to two to three times to treat blemishes.
28. Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser is a perfect face wash for people with sensitive, acne-prone skin. While it uses salicylic acid to treat breakouts, it's free from oils and is non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic. The formula also has soy, which can help with tone and texture issues.
29. No7 Laboratories Acne Treatment boasts a fast-acting formula consisting of 2% salicylic acid, oil-absorbing kaolin clay, and calming bisabolol and licorice. Apply it at night and you should see an improvement when you wake up.
30. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser gently dissolves makeup and removes impurities, but it's all about the wash's vitamin C and ginseng combo. While both ingredients can energize and brighten the skin, they also have anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce redness and irritation caused by breakouts.
31. CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum is magic in a a bottle. Its ingredient list includes three ceramides, encapsulated retinol, and licorice root extract, which all come together to heal your skin and reduce scarring. If you're dealing with the remnants of a bad breakout and have marks that won't go away, incorporate this serum into your routine.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.