We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
About a minute ago, I worked at a ~luxury~ menswear store. In between dealing with aggro customers and learning how to hem trousers, I picked up a couple of suit styling tips.
So here are 13 little things you can do to up your suit game, from head to toe:
1. Keep sunnies tucked into your outside chest pocket, one arm casually folded over to the outside.
2. Replace your old school ties with some fancy knitted ones.
3. Pop on a tie bar to make it look like you spent hours crafting yout perfect ~lewk~.
4. Throw on an oversized merino wool scarf, which can be worn any which way.
5. Tuck a pocket square into your outside chest pocket to break up all that sameness.
6. Slide on a lapel pin to make your suit look a little bit more fancy.
7. Replace those chunky cuff links you borrowed from your old man with contrasting-coloured silk knots.
8. Wear a watch because nothing breaks the illusion of being a gentleman more than whipping your phone out every 10 minutes.
9. Stack bracelets on bracelets, on bracelets on...you get the idea.
10. Avoid the elements by investing in a brollie that isn't the least bit flimsy.
11. Use double-sided tape to shorten hems that fall too close to the floor in an emergency.
12. Add a pop of colour and a cute surprise with these playful, patterned socks.
13. And finally, invest in a pair of classic sneakers that wouldn't look out of place at your 9-5, after-work drinks or your mate's wedding.
Just FYI, Amazon has up to 40% off select clothing, shoes and accessories from date of publication until 22 October — so get amongst it!