1. We don't ignore our friends and family on purpose.
2. People make us out to be martyrs, when we're not.
3. Each little milestone is a magical moment to be treasured and celebrated.
4. We'll never place limitations on them and neither should you.
5. Our children give us the courage and the strength to keep fighting for them.
6. We learn from our children that people are happiest being unapologetically themselves.
7. Our children may need support, but they certainly don't need "fixing".
8. Never apologise to us.
9. You'll learn you have more strength in you than you know.
10. You are not wrong for feeling angry or upset or disappointed with how your parenting journey turned out.
11. Don't let their lives or yours revolve solely around their disability.
12. At its core, your job is like that of any other parent — to give them all the love and support and sacrifice required so they can become all they were meant to be.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.