1. Remember the Spice Girls?
Left to Right: Scary, Baby, Posh, Ginger, and Sporty Spice. They were the English pop group of dreams with a very clear cut feminist agenda. Whoever was part of their artist development team deserves a medal for being the best and also a cut of however many millions were made on platform sneakers (looking at you, Baby Spice.)
3. Remember Sailor Moon?
Left to Right: Sailor Mars, Venus, Moon, Jupiter, Mercury. The most universally recognized example of “magical girls” (a genre of Japanese anime specializing in young girls with supernatural abilities, hellbent on saving the earth/humanity/and mostly Tokyo,) Sailor Moon began as a manga series and quickly escalated to television where the series reached the height of its popularity.
4. They are the same thing.
Think about it. Five girls, all heroes, with different (yet familial) monikers, popular in the ’90s with a tendency to wear school girl uniforms. They were the most important feminists for a generation (mine.) They were both completely awesome.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎