Meet Mark Mothersbaugh.
He’s one of the leading music composers in America, which means he writes original music for movies and television. He’s also written some jams for video games (The Sims 2 comes to mind,) but his main bag is children’s television and, apparently, Wes Anderson films.
3. Super Mario World (1991)
The TV show guys, the TV show. Remember the TV show? It came around the time of the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books? This theme has weird chants and piping computerized sounds, basically, like, what Super Mario should sound like when it’s on your television.
15. Enlightened (2011)
With the growing popularity of mature TV dramas, something in that immense working brain of Mothersbaughs’ must have told him to switch gears. Collaborating with fellow composer Carter Burwell, Mark has able to create sonic moments of cinematic brilliance… for prime time television.
17. The Carrie Diaries (2012)
The show with the best ’80s soundtrack since, well, the ’80s, also happens to have the Mothersbaugh touch: a delightfully feminine and young theme song. This ol’ dog is nothing BUT new tricks. It also doesn’t hurt that Devo owned the early ’80s.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉