TLC closed out Mixtape Festival this weekend with their 1999 hit, “No Scrubs,” inviting rapper Lil Mama onstage for Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes’ verse. Mama will play the late starlet in an upcoming VH1 biopic on the band, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story. The trailer is available here. The group even dedicated “Waterfalls,” to their late member, Chili instructing the crowd, “If you have a lighter or a cell phone, iPads, computers, whatever you got, light it up. This is dedicated to Lisa, to Left Eye.”
3. You can watch the “No Scrubs” performance here.
Lil Mama makes her appearance around the 2:40 mark.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬