TLC closed out Mixtape Festival this weekend with their 1999 hit, “No Scrubs,” inviting rapper Lil Mama onstage for Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes’ verse. Mama will play the late starlet in an upcoming VH1 biopic on the band, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story. The trailer is available here. The group even dedicated “Waterfalls,” to their late member, Chili instructing the crowd, “If you have a lighter or a cell phone, iPads, computers, whatever you got, light it up. This is dedicated to Lisa, to Left Eye.”
3. You can watch the “No Scrubs” performance here.
Lil Mama makes her appearance around the 2:40 mark.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏