1. The Greater Manchester Police (GMP) reported their first emo hate crime this week, under a new category targeting alternative subcultures.
Attacks based on subcultural identity are now people treating like hate crimes against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity.
4. The new hate crime category comes after pressure from the Sophie Lancaster Foundation.
It’s a charity for the 20-year-old goth who died following an attack on her and her boyfriend in 2007. They were walking through Stubbeyless Park when they were both assaulted. Lancaster suffered severe head injuries and never regained consciousness. Her attackers were sentenced a year later; the judge recognized her death as a hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲