1. Meet Vår.
Four best friends from Copenhagen, Vår [pronounced “war”] began as a noise duo before expanding into a synth pop quartet. The band treat guitars like synthesizers, and use broken glass and sheet metal as percussion. Truly bizarre but, like, totally awesome.
2. Their record is titled “No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers.”
Seriously, how is that not the most amazing record title you’ve ever heard?! The album explores issues of youth and romanticizes friendship in a way that feels familial. This is the ultimate love: these guys are so close they feel like brothers.
“The World Fell” is the lead single from “No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers.” There’s a bleakness here, but the apocalypse folklore is addressed with a euro club beat; Vår have found a home at the intersection of dystopia and the dance floor. Foot tapping music for the end of the world!
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.