1. Meet Vår.
Four best friends from Copenhagen, Vår [pronounced “war”] began as a noise duo before expanding into a synth pop quartet. The band treat guitars like synthesizers, and use broken glass and sheet metal as percussion. Truly bizarre but, like, totally awesome.
2. Their record is titled “No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers.”
Seriously, how is that not the most amazing record title you’ve ever heard?! The album explores issues of youth and romanticizes friendship in a way that feels familial. This is the ultimate love: these guys are so close they feel like brothers.
“The World Fell” is the lead single from “No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers.” There’s a bleakness here, but the apocalypse folklore is addressed with a euro club beat; Vår have found a home at the intersection of dystopia and the dance floor. Foot tapping music for the end of the world!
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻