27 Signs You Grew Up A Christian Music Fan
No, it's not just Switchfoot.
1. You dreamt about going to Creation Fest every year.
It always looked like the best time ever!
2. And/or Cornerstone Festival.
Especially if you were into heavier jams.
3. You didn't (and still don't!) listen to Christian music exclusively.
4. You knew how to play a minimum of three hymns on acoustic guitar.
5. But whenever anyone mocked Christian rock for being "wussy," you knew it was because they'd never heard a Tooth & Nail band before.
Norma Jean? Underoath? Emery? Ivoryline? Come onnnnnn, everyone else!
6. Because you knew that U2 are technically a Christian band.
7. And Black Sabbath...
8. ...Mumford and Sons...
9. Mosh pits were always super well-mannered.
10. This was your mantra:
11. And there was a high probability you owned some variant of this shirt:
12. You knew your favorite band's "secular" song.
13. When people mocked Christian music, you politely reminded them where the biggest female pop star got her start.
She'll always be Katy Hudson to you.
14. It doesn't surprise you that Skillet became one of the world's biggest rock bands.
15. And not Jars of Clay.
16. P.O.D. will always be so much more than those "Youth of A Nation" guys.
17. Did I mention the coolest dudes in indie were openly christian? Heeeeeello Damien Jurado!
18. And Pedro the Lion!
19. Don't forget Belle & Sebastian.
20. And, uh, SUFJAN STEVENS?!?!
21. Christian music existed in every genre... and still does!
22. You thought about getting a Hebrew tattoo.
23. Youth Group (and the potlucks) were a lifestyle.
24. You knew that the GMAs are the real Grammys.
25. These were your go-to magazines:
Your "music bibles," am I right?