7. And Black Sabbath…
It’s was obvious!
8. …Mumford and Sons…
Basically every popular band ever.
16. P.O.D. will always be so much more than those “Youth of A Nation” guys.
And while it took the rest of the world an embarrassingly long time to realize that stands for “Payable on Death,” and that the Southern California nu metal band had a bunch of hits, you were on top of it. Limp Bizwho?
18. And Pedro the Lion!
Not only is David Bazan the coolest dude of all time ever, he was in everyone’s favorite Christian indie band Pedro the Lion. At one point Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie was also in the band, as well as Christian Wargo, Casey Wescott and Nick Peterson formerly of Fleet Foxes. Big names!
20. And, uh, SUFJAN STEVENS?!?!
Take that, indie rock!
24. You knew that the GMAs are the real Grammys.
Founded in 1969 and covering every genre/category imaginable, grabbing a Gospel Music Association Award (Dove Award) was the ultimate in Christian music.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."